Thursday 18 September 2008

Big day in Beijing.

Olympics minister - Tessa Jowell - is celebrating her birthday. Just handed her a large bunch of roses and a chocolate mousse cake. Also picked up a new suit from a Chinese tailor for my big moment tonight. Don't want any suggestions that I'm scruffy this time when I wave the flag.

Met some of the athletes for lunch. Exceptional people. All seemed pleased with the facilities here - particularly the athetes village. Considering the high demands on them their own requirements seem modest - good food, effective transport and comfortable accomodation.

This will be my second Olympic performance, but taking no chances. Just had a full dress rehearsal in the Bird's Nest stadium. Pretty straightforward without an audience but I know it'll feel very different when I take the flag for real tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment