Sunday 13 September 2009

Christmas in London

Morning all. A fine day in Manhattan. Central Park looking splendid on my jet-lagged dawn run. Off shortly to the Disney Store to help promote their version of Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol. It's got fabulous British actors like Bob Hoskins, countless scenes of our great capital and it will set the scene for the Christmas lights in the west end when it premiers in November. It feels a little early for carols perhaps but I look forward to the choir on 5th Avenue later and I'm delighted Disney will help fund the energy-efficient light bulbs which will light up London during the forthcoming festive season. Tourism has proved robust in these difficult times, but visits from North America are down. So this is a chance - alongside others in the next few days - to put that right.


3 comments:

  1. Look forward to that! Yes, tis a tad early for such things, but I make a mental note for the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason for the drop of overnight visits from North America is because of the exchange rate. If I remember correctly when the sterling was at a all time low, tourism to the capital increased momentarily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Boris. I hope that your trip proves fruitful for both of these great capital cities.(but especiallt London, naturally!) I was in NYC again earlier this year and found it as stimulating as ever.
    I was impressed by your early run , by the way!

    ReplyDelete