Monday 14 September 2009

Live on Fox News


Early start. Live on Fox News ahead of a high powered breakfast with leading investors. President Obama's here in New York later today urging tighter regulation of the financial sector. Don't want to clash with him but have shared my concerns with Fox about the need to tread carefully here. Our sister cities have thrived on innovation, enterprise and the enormous energy of our key sectors. And finance has been central - producing huge tax revenue to fund public services as well as enormous income which sustains so many other jobs outside finance. I'll shortly be ringing the opening bell at Nasdaq. Later I'll have a similar stunt to close the NYSE. Let's hope for a record day of trading in the meantime.




3 comments:

  1. Please replace Alistar Darling, he's a tool! Nice save on the Geneva remark, made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That isn't Fox News, it's Fox Business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Bojo - top class interview, and I must say you hardly bumbled through anything!

    Big fan, but do me a favour mate? Grab a comb first next time!!! :P

    ReplyDelete